My guest for today’s interview is Eric D. Moeller, a guy who bought his first house at the age of 19 years old and started into real estate, becoming a successful investor.
About Eric D. Moeller
Eric is the CEO at Koda Homes and a real estate investor, Airbnb investor and a host expert. You can find out more about his company at www.kodahomes.com and you can also find him on Facebook and @ericdmoeller on all other social media channels.
If you’re in San Diego area, I totally recommend you attend one of his masterminds at The Epic Entrepreneur House. Been there myself and the information he shares is incredible!
What You’ll Learn From Eric
To make it easier for you to find exactly the things that interest you the most, here’s a breakdown of the topics that I’ve covered with him. There’s a little something for everyone, I’m sure of it!
- 01:13 – his story and why he decided to be an entrepreneur
- 11:10 – biggest fears in his journey
- 14:10 – about his business and how he got into Airbnb
- 19:55 – how to make a living with Airbnb
- 22:03 – about renting in San Diego
- 23:24 – thoughts on how to get started with Airbnb
- 25:17 – about Airbnb in Europe
- 31:06 – the future of housing market
- 38:10 – ideas on Airbnb in exotic locations
- 39:38 – the importance of investing in your mind
The Questions That I’ve Asked Eric
NOTE: these were not the only questions of the interview, but the questions that started the conversation.
- What’s your story and why have you decided to go on your own path and become an entrepreneur?
- Would you say that your drive to create this great life for yourself was it because of the background of your family? Because you didn’t want to live that life?
- Can you remember some of the biggest fear that you had?
- About Koda Homes, what is it and how did you moved into Airbnb?
- Where exactly do you have properties?
- Why not San Francisco?
- Is it possible to make a living from Airbnb? If yes, how? And also, can you scale it up one million and beyond, not just live month by month?
- In San Diego, how many days, on average, can you rent in a month?
- How can one with no real estate experience get started with Airbnb?
- Any thoughts on Airbnb in Europe?
- If you just have a house and you want to travel for 2 months or for 2 weeks, can you rent that house with Airbnb for just the 2 weeks?
- What would you say is the future of housing market from a millennial stand-point?
- What are other sought after locations in the U.S., from Airbnb stand-point?
- Do you feel like Airbnb would work in locations like the Bahamas or Caribbeans?
- How important would you say was investing in your mind, in your success?
Resources Mentioned During The Interview
1. Authenticity Is The New Sexy: free guide on taking advantage of the authenticity trend in business!
2. #CurePerfectionism: resources to help you overcome perfectionism and be in control of your business success.
Key Lessons and Tweetables
- “Home ownership is a lifestyle and you have to choose to be in that lifestyle”.
- “Airbnb will work in unique communities and unique situations”.
I really hope this interview left you more inspired into investing in your mind and self-development in order to really succeed into entrepreneurship.
My goal is for you to always get at least one big idea from these interviews.