My guest for today’s interview is Tara Borghese, a stay-at-home mom but also a pastor and minister for women’s prison. She is a person who absolutely loves her dog and loves personal development, therefore, she decided to combine these two into a super cool project.
About Tara Borghese
Tara is a speaker and a leader. She is the author of the book “Moments with Miley”, a book based on 12 stories and teachable moments about her dog, Miley. You can find details about the book and get access to a free chapter right here.
Also, you can follow her work on Facebook – she shares some really inspiring posts.
What You’ll Learn From Tara
To make it easier for you to find exactly the things that interest you the most, here’s a breakdown of the topics that I’ve covered with her. There’s a little something for everyone, I’m sure of it!
- 01:11 – her interesting life story
- 03:20 – how was the book born
- 06:40 – the biggest fears she had when she started writing her book
- 08:27 – how did she overcome fear
- 11:10 – thoughts on personal development
- 14:45 – about skills that changed her life
- 18:57 – thoughts on comfort zone and things she did to get out of her comfort zone
- 21:45 – the importance of personal skills for entrepreneurs
- 27:36 – how has her dog become her business partner
The Questions That I’ve Asked Tara
NOTE: these were not the only questions of the interview, but the questions that started the conversation.
- What’s your story and why have you decided to go on your own path and become an entrepreneur?
- How was the book born?
- What was the biggest fear that you had when you started on this book journey?
- How did you overcome those fears? Any book that played an important role, online course, event or did you work with a coach?
- You are very passionate about personal development and your upcoming book is all about that. How can personal development change one person’s life?
- Talking about skills, what is one skill that changed your life for the better?
- When was the last time you got out of your comfort zone? What did you do?
- If we’re talking about personal development, why is it so important for entrepreneurs to work on themselves? How can that impact their business?
- What is another small step anyone can take, today, to up their personal development game?
- How has your dog, Miley, been your best business coach? Is she that special? Can she talk?
Resources Mentioned During The Interview
- Jim Rohn
- Dale Carnegie – How to win friends and influence people
- Bryan Tracy
- Jack Canfield – The power of focus
- Gary Vaynerchuk
1. Authenticity Is The New Sexy: free guide on taking advantage of the authenticity trend in business!
2. #CurePerfectionism: resources to help you overcome perfectionism and be in control of your business success.
Key Lessons and Tweetables
- “The biggest thing is to invest in yourself because nobody can take that away from you.” – Click to Tweet!
- “No matter what business you’re in, you’re always in the business of people.” – Click to Tweet!
- “If you don’t stand up every time, you’re showing insecurity.”
- “When you’re negative, you attract negative people and vice-versa.”
I really hope this interview left you more motivated into investing in yourself and your personal development skills in order to succeed as an entrepreneur.
My goal is for you to always get at least one big idea from these interviews.