This article is a first in two ways: first article published on this new website of mine and first video interview (which turned out to be only audio).
The purpose of these interviews is to feature inspiring entrepreneurs and talk about some broad topics like their journey, fears and doubts, perfectionism, but to also talk about their area of expertise.
In order to raise your excitement for what’s to come, here are some of the topics that you will learn about by watching these interviews:
- branding (in today’s interview)
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Facebook ads & marketing
- list building
- book marketing
- content marketing
- networking and building great relationships
- becoming a great writer
About Kevin Stimpson
Kevin Stimpson owns (together with his wife, Devona) a full-service boutique branding and creative agency in San Diego, California called Strive & Grind and is one of the most inspiring and motivated people that I personally know.
The Questions That I’ve Asked
- Tell us a bit about your story and why did you choose the path of entrepreneurship.
- What were some of the fears & blocks that you had when you started out as an entrepreneur?
- What does it mean to be a perfectionist to you? Was it ever a problem for you? If yes, how do you manage to keep it under control?
- We all have bad days, we all go through failures and disappointments, what’s your strategy? How do you deal with bad or stressful days?
- I believe that everyone needs a mentor, a coach if they are serious about succeeding, about making a living out of their business. Who are your mentors? Who inspires you?
- You are part of some amazing communities & mastermind groups, what would you say is the best way to connect with someone that you admire?
- What’s one book that played a very important role in your life?
- What would you say are some very important aspects that a brand needs to have to become successful or to be taken seriously?
- What do you do in your free time? What do you do when you are not working?
Resources From The Interview
- DevonaStimpson.com – find out more about her work and even purchase apparel, accessories or canvas print
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (via amazon.com)
- Outwitting The Devil by Napoleon Hill (via amazon.com)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (via amazon.com)
- John Lee Dumas from EOFIRE.com
- “I saw entrepreneurship as my way to freedom.” – Click to Tweet
- “I love creating – that’s my biggest passion.”
- “My biggest fear when I first started out as an entrepreneur was the fear of unknown – of not knowing if it’s going to work out or not.”
- “A big block that I’ve encountered was not knowing where to start.”
- Kevin started his first business at 23-24 years old.
- Being a perfectionist was a problem for him as well because they did want everything to be perfect. Later on, they’ve learned that it’s an iterative process.
- “I deal with bad days by thinking about what tomorrow’s going to look like and by thinking about how far I’ve come.”
- “You build a relationship with someone by asking how can I help you instead of how can you help me.”
Kevin & Devona’s Wall of Mentors
Entrepreneurship is, by no means, just fun and rainbows, but it can definitely lead to freedom. This interview is, hopefully, only the beginning of some great talks with other inspiring and successful entrepreneurs.
Was this interview inspiring to you? Share it with your friends via email or on social media.