“Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft.”
– Anne Lamott
How do you know if you are a perfectionist?
Watch the video and learn the most common signs of being a perfectionist entrepreneur.
Perfectionism does not give us the chance to connect at all. Why? Having a relationship means having to connect. Connecting means being vulnerable. And being vulnerable is NOT something that perfectionist people (entrepreneurs included) do.
I chose this topic so that I could bring more awareness on the matter that is affecting so many entrepreneurs these days. The problem is that they don’t even know that some of their “issues” are related to perfectionism.
You will be amazed that some of these “issues” are actually tied up to being a perfectionist. From what I see, people believe perfectionism is just about overthinking a project or postponing things until they are perfect, without realizing that it’s much more complex than that.
Here are 12 signs that are probably the most common and big ones, but there are lots of nuances around perfectionism, especially in the entrepreneurial world, to talk about.
You might be a perfectionist if:
- you procrastinate
- you are paralyzed by fear of FAILURE
- you find it very hard to make a decision
- you care too much about what people think
- you set unrealistic goals
- you constantly feel disappointed in yourself
- you beat yourself up for EVERY mistake
- you don’t love yourself (see this interview)
- you expect your life to be a straight line UP
- it’s super hard for you to accept down times or any sort of negative feelings and situations because it does not align with your “perfect” vision of life
- you never feel like you are GOOD ENOUGH (why would you, if you’re not perfect?!)
- you do not know how to celebrate a WIN because, for you, it’s never ENOUGH.
What if I told you there is a different way that will allow you to enjoy life more? A different way that will allow you to take things less seriously and that will allow your business to GROW because of it?
Yes, it is possible!
Perfectionism is LEARNED. It’s time to UNLEARN it!
If you’re a perfectionist, I invite you to join the FREE LIVE TRAINING and understand how it affects your business and what you can do about it. You just have to make a decision and be determined.
I promise that your business will never be the same again after this live training.
– Mihai Herman